Fertility law is a complex and highly regulated field that can make starting a family via surrogacy a confusing and emotionally difficult endeavor. Gaston & Gaston simplifies the process by providing highly specialized legal services that protect the rights of everyone involved, including the right of the intended parents to their baby.
As one of the most experienced fertility law firms in the U.S., we help hundreds of intended parents successfully start new families every year. We specialize in making sure that every step of the fertility process is conducted in the correct legal manner according to current fertility law. And we stay up to date on changing fertility law in every jurisdiction – both domestically and abroad – so there are no legal surprises when your baby is born.
Full Compliance with Current Fertility Laws
To ensure that all phases of the fertility legal process are properly performed, Gaston & Gaston:
- Drafts the gestational surrogate contract, validates the contract once the pregnancy is confirmed, and establishes parental rights prior to the birth of your baby. We ensure that all contracts are correctly written and signed by the appropriate parties before starting the embryo transfer cycle.
- Establishes an escrow account prior to the surrogate ingesting medications for the embryo transfer cycle. These funds cover all fees agreed upon in your contract with the surrogate, and include the surrogate’s compensation, medical co-pays, insurance costs, travel, and other related costs.
- Manages the pre-birth order process for the intended parents and surrogate. This establishes the intended parents as the legal parents prior to the birth of their child, and ensures the surrogate cannot change her mind and keep the baby after it is born.
Your Complete Fertility Law Solution
At Gaston & Gaston, we leave no stone unturned when it comes to helping intended parents achieve a happy surrogacy outcome. As part of our fertility law services, we:
- Advise all parties as to their rights and responsibilities under the surrogacy arrangement
- Provide a referral to experienced surrogacy attorneys who can act as the independent counsel for the surrogate
- Prepare letters of release for the agencies and physicians involved in the surrogacy
- Provide agencies and physicians with any required updates as to the status of the surrogacy agreements
- Manage funds within the client trust account and ensure the release of surrogate compensation and any outstanding medical bills
We also offer additional services to help start and build your new family. These include:
- Finding surrogates and egg or sperm donors
- Providing health, life, and other types of insurance to protect your family and the surrogate against financial disaster
- Providing family planning services, including corporate formation, trusts, and estate planning