Creating a family through surrogacy is a complex, emotional undertaking that can involve a great deal of legal and financial uncertainty for intended parents. Gaston & Gaston provides peace of mind by ensuring that:
- Every step of your surrogacy process is conducted according to current surrogacy law
- Your rights as intended parents are fully protected before, during and after the surrogacy process
- The surrogate cannot change her mind and keep the baby when it is born
- The baby is your genetic offspring
Making You the Legal Parents
At Gaston & Gaston, our primary goal is to protect your rights as the intended parents. We achieve this goal by employing a proven parental establishment process to have you court-appointed as the legal parents of the child before it is born.
This critical step terminates the rights of the surrogate (and husband, if applicable), so that she is legally obligated to give you the baby when it is born. It allows you to make all decisions for the baby, including medical decisions and what goes on the birth certificate. It also gives you the right to require DNA testing before, during, and after the surrogacy process to ensure the baby is yours
Comprehensive Legal Representation
Gaston & Gaston serves as your legal counsel from start to finish, representing you in all aspects of the family creation process. We also work directly with the other parties involved to make sure all necessary steps are properly completed before your baby is born. This includes:
- Drafting and filing all parental establishment documents
- Preparing and circulating all other required court documents
- Making any necessary court appearances to ensure once your baby is born that your names are placed on the baby’s original birth certificate once it is born
- Providing liaison between the state and county vital records and hospital to ensure the birth certificate process is properly completed
- Providing any additional legal services that may be necessary, especially if parentage is disputed or in question
We walk you through the entire surrogacy process, letting you know what needs to happen and when. We thoroughly review all contracts, so you understand the duties, rights, and obligations of all parties. We answer all your questions in detail so you can make the best decisions for yourselves and your baby. We even assist international clients in coordinating the legal aspects of registering your baby so you can safely return to your country with your child.
With Gaston & Gaston, you can rest assured that you will get what you contract for and the entire process will be conducted properly and legally.