As one of the few places in the world where commercial surrogacy is legal, the state of California stands at the forefront of surrogacy law. Specifically, section 7962 of the California State Family Code provides clear protections for intended parents and surrogates by describing everything that must take place for the surrogacy process to be done properly and legally.
California also leads the way in the development and use of assisted reproduction technologies (ART), including artificial insemination, ovum and embryo donation, in vitro fertilization, and the use of a surrogate for intended parents who would otherwise be unable to create a child. As a result, California has earned global recognition as the safest and friendliest jurisdiction in which to start a family through ART.
Why You Need Legal Representation
Surrogacy law is a complex, highly regulated, and constantly evolving field. The laws governing surrogacy change almost every year, and medical technologies are continually advancing. Often, the science changes so quickly it takes a year or more for the laws to catch up, creating areas of risk and uncertainty. In such an environment, you can’t afford to be without the protection of experienced legal counsel.
Gaston & Gaston offers a seamless, stress-free surrogacy process by providing legal counsel that protects the rights of everyone involved. From intended parents to surrogates, surrogacy agencies, in vitro clinics and physicians, and even foreign consulates, we ensure that everyone knows what to do, when to do it, and how to do it legally. The result is a smooth and efficient family creation process that complies with all California surrogacy laws.
Experience and Expertise Make the Difference
Unlike other law firms that are new to the field, Gaston & Gaston has the experience, knowledge, and legal expertise to handle your surrogacy case quickly and efficiently.
- We successfully complete hundreds of surrogacy cases every year, making us one of the most experienced surrogacy law firms in the world.
- We practice in every jurisdiction in the state of California. Our professional relationships with surrogacy judges and experience with different jurisdictions enable swift resolution of your parental judgements.
- Our long-standing relationships with surrogacy agencies and in vitro clinics enable us to streamline the entire surrogacy process while protecting your rights as intended parents.
- Our background and experience in business formation and litigation provide additional insight into the contracting process – a key component when working with surrogacy agencies and in vitro clinics.
- We also offer legal expertise in insurance, trusts, estate planning, and other issues pertinent to the family building process.
- Our experience working with foreign consulates around the globe allows us to effectively serve international intended parents as well as U.S. citizens.